I can't add a photo to my check-in on Android
You like taking pictures. It's fun. But every-time you choose from from the Gallery or Camera the app either crashes or restart. What gives?
*** You can also try lowering the resolution of the photo taken with your Camera as we have seen issues with users taking very high resolution photos and the app restarting or crashing. Try lowering the resolution to see if that helps.***
There are many possible reasons why this happening. The main reason is the the memory within the application has run out and forces the app the restart. Here are some troubleshooting steps to take:
- Make sure that you are not using an third-party application
"select a photo" - always use Gallery.
- If you have a lot of apps running on your phone, please reboot
- A re-install usually fixes the issues in most cases, always try that.
Another way to fix this problem is enable Developer Mode and make sure things are set properly. These instructions only work for 4.0.x+ devices:
- Re-install the app
- Enable Developer Mode (Instructions:
- Make sure "Don't Keep Activities" is unchecked
- Limit Background Processes (Set to Standard)
If none of the problems help - please do the following - if you are running 4.0.x and lower:
- Install CatLog on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat
- At the event of a crash, open CatLog.
- Hit the Menu Button > Save. Then hit Menu Button > Send
> As Attachment.
- Send the attachment to greg AT untappd DOT com
Make sure to reset CatLog after sending the logs by returning to CatLog and hit Menu Button > Play Main Log.
Once we receive the log we will look at it and see what other problems exist and try to fix the problem with an app update.
- Hey! I didn't get the "BADGE NAME HERE" badge!
- I've had 30 Beers since I've joined - how come I didn't get the "Power Month" or "The Usual" badge?
- How come I didn't level up my New Brew Thursday badge?
- How can I get a custom badge made for my brewery or event?
- Why isn't there a beer week badge for my city?
- View all (4 more)